Injury Report

Hockey Canada has a program of General Liability and Accidental Medical Treatment insurance which are described in the Hockey Canada booklet “Safety Requires Teamwork”. A reading of this booklet is recommended. It should be noted that the insurance provides coverage for registered players and Team Officials for certain limited medical/dental and disability claims. It is not a comprehensive medical or disability policy and will not pay complete medical expenses or loss of wages in the event of a disabling injury.

In the event of an injury, a Hockey Canada Injury Report must be completed and forwarded to the Hockey Alberta Office. The Hockey Canada Injury Report is available by clicking here. Hockey Canada Injury Reports must be submitted within 90 days of the date of injury in order for a claim for expenses to be made. The Hockey Canada Insurance program is the secondary insurer – this means that a claim must be submitted first to any other plan available through an employer or independent provider.

The report, along with any attachments should be mailed to Hockey Alberta at the following address: Hockey Alberta, 100 College Blvd.  Box 5005, Red Deer, AB T4N 5H5  Tel (403) 342-6777


Spring and Fall Junior Camps

Each year players from the NWCAA receive invitations to attend spring and fall junior camps for Junior teams in Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.

Those players attending any Spring and/or Fall Junior AJHL/WHL camps are required to complete the Hockey Calgary Letter of Permission Request. This request is submitted online at the link below. You will receive an immediate confirmation e-mail back from Hockey Calgary and this should be taken with you, or sent to the Junior club.

This will then be the form “Permission to Attend” spring or fall Junior camps process that you are to submit or take with you to the Junior camp. Players that receive spring or fall forms from Junior teams are require to follow the above process. NWCAA DO NOT sign-off on Junior Camp forms issued by Junior teams.

Letter of Permission Request

Players may be required to include their Hockey Canada ID#. Please contact the NWCAA to obtain your player’s Hockey Canada ID#.

Please note that you must complete and submit a form for each camp you wish to attend.


Travel Permit

Permission from Hockey Calgary is required for teams to travel outside the city for non-scheduled games (tournaments and exhibition). These permits can be accessed from the a link on the Hockey Calgary website. Access user names and passwords will be given to Managers or Coaches only. Please contact Claudia Issler at to receive your team access code.

According to the Calgary Minor Hockey website, U18 AAA teams do not get their travel permits from Hockey Calgary.


Casino Volunteer Application

The NWCAA qualifies to run a Casino approximately every 18 months. In order to do this, we need parent volunteers to man the various positions which calls for approximately 35 people to step forward and volunteer their time.

Every team is expected to provide the names of six individuals who will be a part of the volunteer team running the Casino. Some of the volunteer positions require a back ground check for which a Casino Volunteer/Worker Application Form is required.


Financial Assistance

For those in financial need, financial assistance is available through the Calgary Flames EvenStrength Program.

The deadline for applications is October 15, 2020. (Further information may be found on the Hockey Calgary website)

2020 - 21 FESP Application