Bantam AAA Invitational
6th Annual NWCAA Rocky Mountain Classic
November 9 – 12, 2017
On behalf of the North West Calgary Athletic Association (NWCAA), we would like to invite your team to apply to our Bantam AAA Hockey Tournament. The tournament will provide a world class experience in a new world class facility for some of the best Bantam AAA teams/players in Canada and the United States.
2017 Tournament Sanction # 17-900169
For live information please visit: www.rockymountainclassic.com
2017 RMC Teams
- Calgary Flames
- Calgary Bisons
- Calgary Northstars
- Calgary Royals
- Airdrie Xtreme
- OHA Edmonton
- Red Deer Rebels
- OHA Okanagan Prep
- Yale Bantam Prep
- Delta Bantam Prep
- POE Prep
- Notre Dame Hounds
- Winnipeg Warriors
- LA Jr. Kings
Located at the new Canada Olympic Park, Athlete & Ice Facility – Winsport Arenas – 4 Rink World Class facility. – Home of Team Canada. This facility was key to help host the 2012 IIHF World Juniors hockey tournament.
88 Canada Olympic Road SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Large portion of the games will be played in the International Arena (2500 + spectator seats) – See Winsport photo tab for pictures).
- Maximum 16 team tournament
- 5 games guaranteed (3-20 minute periods, stop time with floods between periods).
- Adjacent to Canada Olympic Park and Ski Hill
- Easy access from Calgary International Airport
- Close proximity to major freeways; approximately 1 hr to Banff, Alberta
- Great Hotels (New and close proximity to event)
- WHL Scouting commitments
2017 Rocky Mountain Classic
- $30 for tournament
- $10 per day
- Children under 16 are free
- NWCAA members, participants and coaches of participating teams are free
Please “click” on Team Registration for more information in regards to registration. Please note demand for this tournament is extremely high and it is recommended to send in your application as soon as you can.
All teams attending the Rocky Mountain Classic are required to stay at the following supporting Calgary area hotels. We have negotiated preferred rates at these establishments. Please refer to “2017 Rocky Mountain Classic Bantam AAA Tournament” to access the booking block with your desired hotel. These rates are also available for all parents, families and scouts attending our tournament, you will just need to mention the tournament to access the booking block. For any questions concerning hotel reservations please contact Dwayne DuBourdieu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Four Points by Sheraton
8220 Bowridge Cresent NW
Calgary, AB T3B 2V1
Sandman Hotel & Suites
125 Bowridge Dr NW
Calgary, AB T3B 3R6
The Aloft Calgary University
2359 Banff Trail NW
Calgary, AB T2M 4L2
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Calgary University
2373 Banff Trail North West
Calgary, AB T2M 4L2
Calgary is a friendly, fun and safe place to visit. Here are few attractions to check out when in CowTown.
- Canada Olympic Park – Year round facility (mountain biking, downhill and cross country skiing and zip lining) – Adjacent to Winsport
- Canada Sports Hall of Fame – Adjacent to Winsport
- Calgary Zoo – Open year round – 20 minutes away from Winsport
- Calgary Flames – Please check www.calgaryflames.com for tickets and schedule
- Calgary Hitmen – Please check www.calgaryhitmen.com for tickets and schedule
- Mountain Attractions – Banff, Canmore, K-Country (all less than one hour away)
- World Class Ski Resorts – Lake Louise, Sunshine, etc.
- Olympic Oval – 15 minutes away from Winsport
- Hertiage Park – 20 minutes away from Winsport
- Great Shopping: Cross Iron Mills, Market Mall and Chinook Centre
- Vibrant Downtown: Stephen Avenue, Prince’s Island Park, Calgary Tower, China Town, etc.
- Stampede Park – Free Saddledome Tours (pending schedules)
- Tons of Great Restaurants
- Cantos National Music Museum – Home of one of Elton’s John first piano when he was starting out
- Plus many more family fun activities
2015 Schedule and Scores
Astra Energy Canada Inc.
Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP
Rhino Print Solutions
If you have any questions, please contact:
2015 RMC Final Scoring Statistics