Welcome to the 2017-2018 hockey season!
Registration will open on:
- June 16th, 2017 for registration for tryouts
- June 19th, 2017 for prep camps.
Registration for both the Prep Camps and Tryouts will be administered online, paid by credit card only, through the Hockey Canada Registry System (HCR)
- *NEW* Hockey Calgary has instituted re-certification of the Respect in Sport (“RIS”) parent program every four years starting May 2017. Those who completed the RIS course prior to January 1, 2014 will have their certification reset and will be required to re-certify prior to registration. See Parent RIS Re-certification Process for more details.
- To register for the Bantam and Midget (birth years 2000-2004) NWCAA camps and/or tryouts you must reside within the NWCAA boundaries.
- The Hockey Calgary Boundaries for the NWCAA are as follows: A quadrant boundary review was conducted in late May 2014. View the Boundaries. Players from those communities who played in the NWCAA last season will remain with the NWCAA, the change is for incoming players only. Members include Bantam/Midget and Junior aged players who’s permanent residence is within the boundaries of the following Community Districts and junior aged players who qualify under Rule AA7: Arbour Lake, Bowness, Citadel, Cougar Ridge, Crestmont, Dalhousie, Elbow Valley, Greenwood/Greenbriar, Hawkwood, Lynx Ridge, Montgomery, Parkdale, Point McKay, Ranchlands, Rocky Ridge, Royal Oak, Royal Vista, Scenic Acres, Silver Springs, St Andrews Heights, Tuscany, University Heights, University of Calgary Residence, Valley Ridge, Varsity, Wentworth, West Springs, as well as the residents of the Springbank Minor Hockey Association who reside outside the Calgary city limits.
- You will require an updated Internet Browser in order to view the HCR system. If you have forgotten your HCR password use the forgotten password link under the login button. We are not able to reset your password for you.
- NWCAA strongly advise all players to register with your respective community hockey association in addition to registering for the NWCAA tryouts in case the player is not successful in making a NWCAA team.
Registration will open: June 19, 2017
Early Discount fee June: June 19th – July 15th $231 per player/week.
Registration fee: effective July 16th – until the camp is full or closed. $283.50 per player/week.
**NO REFUNDS will be be given after July 31st. All refunds are subject to a non refundable fee of $50.00. After July 31st we will only issue a refund due to an injury prior to the start date that prevents the player from attending; a physician’s note must be provided. To cancel please email both Doris at firstname.lastname@example.org and Greg at
Please be sure to select the correct age group, position and the correct week.
Camps are for players that are registered for the NWCAA tryouts. (No exceptions will be made)
Click here for Prep Camp detailed information and online registration.
Registration will open on June 16th, 2017
Early Discount Registration fee: June 16th – July 15th, is $240.00 + GST per player.
Registration fee: effective on July 16th – August 12th, is $315.00 + GST per player.
DEADLINE to register for Bantam and Midget will be August 12, 2017.
NO REFUNDS will be given after August 5th. All refunds are subject to a $50.00 non refundable fee. After August 5th we will only issue a refund due to an injury and a physician’s note may be required. To cancel please contact Doris at email@example.com.
Click here for detailed Tryout information and online registration.
Registration will open on June 16, 2017
Tryout Camp will begin in mid September (date TBA).
Players must first register online to tryout prior to your first ice time. There is no tryout fee. Only players who have registered online for tryouts will be allowed to tryout.
Tryout dates can be found under the “Tryout Schedules” located under the Registration menu – click on the Junior B tab or you may view each Junior B team.
If you find that you are not able to register please contact Doris at firstname.lastname@example.org and forward your birth date, first and last name. This will allow for a quick search in the Hockey Canada system to better identify the reason for your unsuccessful registration.
Click here and then click on the Junior B tab for detailed tryout information and online registration.
Important Note for Junior B Players who are transferring from a team out of Province: There is a $105.00 transfer fee that is charged per player and must be collected prior to your 1st ice time. This fee is automatically charged by Hockey Alberta to the quadrants per player for all out of province transfers.
Should you have questions that are not answered above please view the Frequently Asked Questions prior to contacting the Registrar as noted below.
**NWCAA Summer Holidays: NWCAA will be on vacation for the month of July. Emails will be reviewed and answered on a limited basis. All emails will be responded to in August prior to the close of registration.
Please contact Doris at email@example.com with questions regarding registration or tryouts.